Monday, September 12, 2016

Blossom

It was an awkward meeting
Just like the heavy rains
That fall in the midst
of sweaty summer

Though it was a small table
the distance seems like
We were at the two ends
of the world

And just like a good soldier
I was fully equipped
To stride in the chamber
To shoot and be shot
With queries and answers

But everything vanished
As words miss its vowel
And mind lost its calmness
Heartbeats were gasping
As if I was running
Chasing my own silhouette 
When these two eyeballs
Fall upon the thorny Rose
Fresh and untouchable
As if it was raised 
In a King's orchard
Guarded and shielded

As I was stepping in the Garden
Heart keeps battling the eyes
either
To behold the Majestic
beauty of the Rose
or lowering my wild gaze

As the Rose is blossoming
And as its petals shining
Wrapping itself with shyness
Leaving the thorns guarding
Its chastity and decency
Just as the Queen's red guards
Faithfully shielding the Rose
And at that very moment
I chose to look away

It was a brief meeting
But carries a lifetime meaning
Leaving the Rose's fragrance
Roaming around the air
Giving me a reason
To craft a new step
Treading to the King's garden
And humbly request for
The Blossoming Rose
To be placed in my Garden
And burgeoning here eternally

Written while in a journey
AidilAdha 2016 | 5.30PM

heart singsonging a lullaby - Yiruma : Spring Time

No comments: