Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Who is Allah?

We were given an assignment by our teacher. We have to write one page answer to a non-muslim question's on "Who is Allah?". Rather than to let the answer to be buried with him alone, it would be good if I can share my answer here as well! Hopefully it will benefit, Insha-Allah.

As a Muslim, I believe that there is only One entity that creates everything. My life, the trees that grow around me, the cat that walks by my leg, the insects that live deep down in the earth – there must be something that controls and manages all of these and I believe that it is being controls by Allah.

I believe that Allah is the One and only God worthy of being worshipped. I believe that Allah is the Lord of the world. The Sustainer and Keeper of everything that exist. The One who sends all the messengers including the last Prophet, Muhammad SAW to the mankind. It is Him that sends down the Qur’an. The book of Guidance to all mankind – Muslim & Non-Muslim. The Book that has zero contradiction and full of miracles. The Book that lays down the process of formation of a fetus in a woman’s womb in detail. And the same Book that articulates the science of the stars and its orbit and many other miracles of science.

It is illogical to think that a human being can come out with all these stories in 1400 years ago. The only explanation behind this is, Allah. He is the One who reveals the Book to Prophet Muhammad SAW. Thus, I believe that only Allah is capable of doing everything. This may sound bias, but this is what I believe.

For example, who would believe that a tree can grow, die and regrow just like that? What kind of right mind can think that this world is a product of sudden explosion i.e. the Big Bang theory? Instead of it detonates by its own, why is it hard to believe that there is something behind this that control it? That cause the explosion to happen?

And why do I believe that there is only One God? Logically, there cannot be two chairmans in a company nor there can be two prime ministers in a country. If there is such thing, the affairs of the company or the country will be in disaster.

Instead of having two or more gods governing and controlling everything - in which we can perceive that the gods are not powerful enough as they need other gods to help each other, one God is way more realistic and rational as it shows the Almighty being and Supreme level of the only God i.e. Allah SWT.

8.55PM | Work-desk | Azmi & Associates.


2 comments:

Hanis Amanina said...

love the explanation :)

I have a lot of Christian friends who are more interested to ask about Islam - the way of life, instead of about Allah. Maybe I can trigger this idea to them as well.

hakim.halim said...

Alhamdulillah glad to hear that. :)